Enrollment and Financial Services Advisor
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 6/13/2018
The Department of Student Enrollment & Financial Services is seeking talented individual to fill the position of Enrollment & Financial Services Advisor, with specific assignment to the Financial Aid department; however, the assignment may be adjusted to reflect seasonal and departmental needs and provide support and assistance in Admissions & Records.
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of specialized technical duties related to financial aid programs; to provide information to students, faculty, and staff regarding the evaluation and status of financial services; and to perform a variety of student support services including processing of financial awards, student loans, and scholarships. In addition, the position has as part of its responsibility overseeing at least one financial aid program, such as financial literacy.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of August 13, 2018. The schedule will include include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Financial Aid, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $4,471$4,867 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 57, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to an Associates degree from an accredited college with major coursework in a business, general education, or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible experience involving student academic records or financial aid.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advise, assist, and provide a variety of technical duties related to financial aid; review application packets and assist students with completion as necessary.
- Serve as the initial source of information and assistance to the public; provide information regarding financial aid, policies and procedures, college schedules, catalogs, registration and admission processes, matriculation, graduation requirements, transcript requests, and veterans or other college programs and services.
- Receive, review, evaluate, and correct errors on a variety of forms, applications, reports and records related to student eligibility, and financial services programs.
- Review and document student eligibility for financial assistance or awards.
- Establish and maintain student financial aid files using a variety of technology systems and software; troubleshoot errors in applicable software and database programs; advise students of status, changes, errors or omissions.
- Generate, verify and monitor computer reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with established requirements; reconcile financial and statistical data.
- Provide assistance and information regarding department policies and procedures, and evaluation and processing of student records; answer questions and resolve issues related to student financial aid and academic concerns.
- Update and maintain a variety of manual and electronic forms and information, including posting information to district and/or college websites.
- Confer with and provide information to counselors, administrators and faculty regarding a variety of student information and records.
- Make presentations to large and small student groups regarding processes, requirements and procedures of area of assignment; assist with outreach events and functions.
- Train and assign work to student workers; track and process student worker time sheets.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Receive, open, sort, and distribute incoming mail and related forms; process requests for transcripts to and from other colleges and universities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 7412174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency