This ad is expired.
Enterprise System Programmer
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6498
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 09/16/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $65,407-$81,446/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter are Required.
Under minimal supervision the person is responsible for development and maintenance of large scale applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing and maintaining new and existing software systems to support achieving university business requirements.
- Develops and helps to architect large-scale web abased applications using 3-tier software architecture and agile methodology.
- Understands the different methodologies utilized in the Software Development Life Cycle and support the project through the entire lifecycle (SDLC) including design, development, testing and production release.
- Develops and is proficient in web services, API, web services description language (WSDL), JSON, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), XML and tools like Postman.
- Works with other team members to design and develop layout for web, window and mobile applications
- Develops prototypes using the functional specification for software project
- Assists in Use Case Analysis and UML diagramming.
- Supports and maintains implementation of complex off-the-shelf components or applications requiring development.
- Assists in consulting with key customers and external entities, to define business requirements, create and document technical strategies to support the development of solution in support of University business function and provide technical support for driving the solution to implementation.
- Responsible for utilizing source control management tools.
- Provides feedback on testing functionality requirements and performance implements and provides feedback on usability design principles.
- Follows and provides feedback on applicable software development processes, policies, procedures and coding standards.
- Assists in the collaboration of database administrators and the Database Architect on design, development, testing, and implementation of custom application.
- Identifies systems deficiencies and works on development and implementing solution.
- Works to meet all development deadlines and schedules and consistently delivering high-quality products; prioritizes and executes task in high-pressure environment.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationship with team members; follows through with commitment and foster mutual trust with fellow employees; cooperates with a variety of people to achieve desired results.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies; shares acquired skills with team member through formal and informal channels.
- Mentors less experienced developers in best practices, appropriate use of design pattern, coding standard and security guidelines.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and all applicable technologies including scripting, security issues authoring tools, and new languages in order to broaden and expand knowledge based and proficiencies.
- Assists with special project, new technologies and deadlines.
- Participate in projects and follow project management principles.
- Familiar with ITIL Principles
- Assists in architecting and developing software solution utilized university wide to support areas such as but not limited to student, faculty and staff services, ERP system and application to support university business function
- Troubleshoots and corrects performance problems related to web, desktop and mobile application; provides technical assistance and training by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions.
- Creation and update of batch processes, queries, file transfers, API integration etc.
- Creates ad-hoc programs as requested.
- Provides On Call Support.
- Performs other Related Function as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university within area of assigned responsibility. Technical training and/or experience may be substituted for a degree on a year for year basis.
- 3 or more years of experience in enterprise application development, analysis, systems design, and programming using OOP techniques and full project lifecycle.
- 3 years of experience developing stored procedures, functions and packages using MS SQL 2005+.and/or Oracle PL/SQL.
- 3 years' experience developing using .net, c#, or other scripting languages.
- Good communication, teamwork, testing and documentation skills. Ability to manage midsize enterprise level project development. Proficiency with systems design, programming and scripting.
- Experience developing and supporting ERP systems like Banner(Student), Peoplesoft etc.
Telecommuters may be required to work on campus at times; travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. It is expected that this position will return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
This position will be primarily located:
- On-campus (Individuals that primarily work on campus).
- Hybrid - Regularly (Individuals that split their time working remotely and on campus).
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6498&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency