Radford University announces an educational leadership tenure-track position for the founding coordinator of the Doctorate in Education program.
Apply at: http://jobs.radford.edu/postings/7867
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Employment type: Full-time, 12 month
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 2020
POSITION: This is an educational leadership tenure-track position as the founding coordinator of the Doctorate in Education program in the School of Teacher Education and Leadership in the College of Education and Human Development.
As a member of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate consortium, Radford University's Doctorate in Education program prepares educators for positions of leadership in K-12 school districts through the application of appropriate and specific practices, the generation of new knowledge, and the stewardship of the profession (CPED, n.d.).
The ideal candidate for this position will bring successful leadership experience and a commitment to the development of scholar practitioners who, as school leaders, will solve complex problems of practice with an emphasis on equity, ethics, and social justice. The candidate will value the integration of applied and theoretical research knowledge, the use of field-based experiences, and collaborative work with diverse stakeholders to effect positive change in the lives of individuals and the communities in which they live.
As an institution that embraces diversity, Radford University encourages applications from candidates who can demonstrate sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population, commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarly activity, and an ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from a wide range of ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- An earned doctorate in educational leadership or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Evidence of scholarly and professional achievement sufficient to merit a tenure-track position
- Record of commitment to diversity
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in higher education
- Experience advising at the doctoral level and/or serving on dissertation committees
- Evidence of successful leadership experience
- Strong background in, and understanding of, a variety of research methodologies
- Ability to teach research methods courses at the doctoral level
- A record of research and scholarship focusing on social justice, progressive education, and/or school-based reforms that serve low-income or other marginalized communities
- Demonstrated success in obtaining external funding
- Record of engagement with national, state, and local educational organizations
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse students and/or preparing teachers or leaders to work in such contexts
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, build relationships with a variety of partners and constituents, and recruit potential students
- Leadership experience in PK-12 educational systems
- Experience in developing and teaching graduate-level courses in educational leadership or related field
- Experience with hybrid and online teaching using contemporary, computer-based educational delivery systems and a familiarity with distance learning trends and best practices
- Experience advising and mentoring students from a distance
DEPARTMENT: The School of Teacher Education and Leadership is a community of scholars dedicated to the preparation of collaborative, globally-minded, highly skilled educators and leaders. The school is committed to fostering an atmosphere of equity, diversity, and inclusivity within our 19 undergraduate and graduate programs. The school also leads the university in external funding and faculty are highly collaborative in endeavors of teaching and scholarship.
UNIVERSITY & RADFORD COMMUNITY: Radford University is a comprehensive public university of approximately 9,500 students that has received national recognition for many of its undergraduate and graduate academic programs, as well as its sustainability initiatives. Radford University serves the Commonwealth of Virginia and the nation through a wide range of academic, cultural, human service, and research programs and is one of the premier teacher preparation universities in the Commonwealth. Well known for its strong faculty/student bonds, innovative use of technology in the learning environment, and vibrant student life on a beautiful 204-acre American classical campus, Radford University offers students many opportunities to get involved and succeed in and out of the classroom. Information about the current university strategic plan can be found at: https://www.radford.edu/content/strategic-planning/home.html
The City of Radford, Virginia, is located in the heart of the New River Valley in southwest Virginia. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the region is a haven for music lovers and outdoor enthusiasts, home to a vibrant art scene and local food culture as well as many community-university partnership opportunities. Radford is a short drive from Roanoke and Blacksburg, a two-hour drive from the Piedmont Triad, and two and a half hours from Charlotte, NC.
Please visit the Radford University website at http://www.radford.edu. Radford University is an EO/AA employer committed to diversity. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application process should call (540) 831-5008 (voice) or (540) 831-5128 (TTY). If you need access to a computer, you may visit our office at 600 Tyler Avenue, Radford, Virginia, or the local Virginia Employment Commission.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
APPLICATION: Interested candidates should apply at http://jobs.radford.edu/postings/7867 and include:
- cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position
- curriculum vitae
- unofficial graduate transcripts
- Statement of research interests and agenda
- Diversity statement (How might past and potential contributions advance Radford University's commitment to equity and diversity in educational leadership, both locally and globally?)
- list of three references
Review of applications will begin on November 22 and continue until the position is filled.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency