University of Idaho
4-H Assistant Custer County
Location: Off Campus Location - Custer County Extension Office
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.69 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Assist with the coordination of the 4-H Program in the county; work as a member of a team to develop 4-H programming that meets the youth development needs of Custer County youth and families; be responsible for helping recruit, train, and support volunteer leaders and 4-H members.
- Education: Associates degree or a combination of education and/or related work experience in youth development or agriculture.
- Willingness and ability to: conduct and attend evening and weekend activities and meetings; travel to other work sites (must have valid driver license and access to reliable transportation for travel).
- B.S. degree or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated: strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write concise reports, and effectively speak to audiences of youth and adults.
- Experience with: 4-H Youth Development Program, personal or professional.
- Experience: working with children and/or adult volunteers; program marketing and promotion; fundraising.
- Possess: advanced computer skills such as web design and maintenance and spreadsheet management.
- Demonstrated ability to: work with and motivate youth and adults in a friendly and courteous manner; maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrated skills: problem solving; teamwork; decision-making.
- Ability to: work with and adapt research materials for effective verbal or written educational use; utilize computers and current standard computer software.
- Ability to drive a standard 44 pickup and hook up and haul bumper-pull trailers and equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability and willingness to do physical labor and work outdoors, including lifting, carrying, or otherwise moving up to 30 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002233P
Posting Date: 06/05/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by June 19, 2019. The position will remain open until suitable applicant pool has been identified.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your Letter of Qualification must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency