This ad is expired.
California State University, Fresno
Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
Animal Science and Agricultural Education
Vacancy # 13544
Assistant / Associate Professor
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect and ethical behavior, please visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
- Available for Academic Year: 2018/2019.
- Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University's Probationary Plan Process.
- Salary placement depends upon academic preparation and professional experience.
- California State University, Fresno is a vibrant and growing campus. When necessary, the University may decide to make more than one faculty appointment from a single search.
The agricultural education and communication program consists of approximately 200 undergraduate majors pursuing degrees in agriculture teacher preparation or agricultural communications. Additionally there are 25-35 post-baccalaureate students pursuing secondary agriculture teaching credentials. The undergraduate program is designed to prepare students for careers as secondary agriculture teachers, leaders in the agriculture industry and agricultural communications specialists needed in agriculture and related industries. The academic program is enhanced through practical experience provided at the university's 1,000-acre agricultural laboratory consisting of crop and livestock production units, dairy and food processing facilities, meats laboratory, winery and farm market.
An earned doctorate in Agricultural Education or other closely related disciplines from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. For appointment, the doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment (August 12, 2019).
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Successful secondary agriculture teaching experience;
- Successful undergraduate and/or graduate teaching experience; and
- Ability to maintain an ongoing program of applied research, grant writing and scholarly activity.
- Successful experience as a secondary agriculture department chair and/or FFA advisor;
- Successful experience supervising agriculture student teachers;
- Experience advising undergraduate and/or graduate students;
- Involvement with agricultural student organizations and events;
- Knowledge of California secondary agricultural education and community college systems;
- An understanding of California's agricultural industry and production systems; and
- Positive interactions with students, colleagues, industry stakeholders, government agencies, media and the general public.
Review of applications will begin October 10, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, applicants must complete an online application at http://jobs.fresnostate.edu and attach the following:
- Cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae,
- Statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, and
- List ofthree professional references.
- Three current letters of recommendation from different individuals than those on the professsional reference list.
- Official transcripts.
Other: In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at http://www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. An offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency