- Assistant Managing Director - High Performance Computing
- Go to our website »
Assistant Managing Director - High Performance Computing
High Performance Computing Center
Assists with management of a department that has institutional oversight responsibilities. Assists in the development, coordination and administration of the department.
- Assists the Managing Director with the management, directing and daily operations of all High Performance Computing Center (HPCC) services and resources.
- Responsible for management and direction of supervised staff.
- Supervise daily resource operations for the HPCC.
- Assist, as needed, with advising research groups on campus as to the effectiveness of HPCC resources as well as encouraging these groups to apply for national resources.
- Assist with budget preparation for HPCC.
- Maintains working knowledge of high performance methods and technologies to provide guidance to technical staff
- Assists with creation and approval of departmental policies and procedures for using HPC resources.
- May provide expert opinions to the CIO and the Assistant VP for IT on scientific computing and HPC.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with a wide range of personnel at Texas Tech.
- Performs other duties as assigned by IT Divisional Leadership.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
Bachelor's Degree required and five years administrative or management experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
Advanced degree in computer science, science or engineering. 5 or more years progressively responsible management experience. Two or more years of experience working in multidisciplinary projects including scientists and engineers.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-4529fb5a8c2f414e8cfbc6cec31099c6