This ad is expired.
Requisition Number: 51653
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 26-Sep-2023
The Children's Center at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for an Assistant Teacher position! This vital role provides childcare for children of families affiliated with CU Boulder including residents of Family Housing Apartments, faculty, staff, students, and alumni, as well as families of the wider Boulder community. This position provides a nurturing and safe environment for a diverse population of children ages 6 weeks to age 8.
In collaboration with lead teachers and the directors, the Assistant Teacher serves by helping to develop and implement lesson plans, teaching developmentally appropriate curriculum, aids in the training of university student employees and directs information for evaluation of students employees and children. This position aids in providing information towards working with families.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The mission of the University of Colorado Childrens Center is to provide the highest quality of care and education for young children. Our role is to encourage and support each child in all areas of development, therefore crafting a positive self-image and realistic opportunity for success. Campus administration, Childrens Center staff members, parents, and members of the community all play an integral part in promoting and providing an environment rich in learning experiences and opportunities for children within the CU community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Supervise Assigned Children/Infant Groups
Supervises and interacts with children in the classroom using appropriate guidance techniques. In collaboration with the Lead Teacher, assists with writing lesson plans for educational and recreational purposes in accordance with center guidelines and developmentally appropriate practice. Follows the direction of the Lead Teacher in how lesson plans will be implemented through age appropriate planned activities such as music, art, math, language, science, movement, dramatic play, and group activities tailored to meet children's individual needs. Attend parent conferences and parent programs.
Communication with Teaching Teams & Office
Maintains confidentiality in all communication. Completes written reports as necessary including notes, accident reports, attendance reports, name-to-face reports etc. Aids in completing reports by keeping assessments concerning each child's development. Completes accident reports and lesson plans in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
Under the supervision of the Lead Teacher, facilitates direct contact with parents: by discussions at arrival and departure times, written communications, telephone calls, and parent teacher conferences. Interactions include dealing with the needs of ill children or children with behavioral problems; deciding when and how to use appropriate guidance techniques; and communicating with parents to help them understand their child's behavior and to take remedial or supportive actions within the home.
Inspects, makes decision about, and communicates to Lead Teacher or the director, the condition of indoor/outdoor materials and equipment, teaching safety precautions and rules and regulations to classroom student assistants and children. Assuring a safe and stimulating outdoor environment by selecting equipment to be used on playground, enforcing playground rules, initiating games and outside activities, i.e. sand play, water play, supervising student assistants.
Development & Learning
Assures continual professional growth by attending staff in-services, workshops, and conferences. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling, working with different teams, and handling a variety of situations. Completes annual requirement of 15 hours training.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $41,600 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be active. Be fun. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass Pre-Placement Physical Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
Meet at least one of the following qualifications (1-9) that are based on the qualifications set out by the Colorado Office of Early Childhood.
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university with a major area of study in one of the following areas: Child Development; Child Psychology; Early Childhood Education; Early Childhood Special Education; Educational Leadership and Administration; Elementary Education; Family and Human Development; Family Studies; or Special Education.
- A Bachelors degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university with a major area of study in any area other than those listed above (#1) and two additional three-semester credit hour courses in Early Child Education, with one course in the following: Introduction to Early Childhood Professions, or Early Childhood Guidance Strategies for Children, or has been issued a Colorado Pyramid Model Training certificate of completion.
- An Associates degree (60 semester credit hours) from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, which must include at least two, three-semester credit hour courses in either: Introduction to Early Childhood Professions; or Early Childhood Guidance Strategies for Children, or has been issued a Colorado Pyramid Model Training certificate of completion.
- A current professional teaching license issued by the Colorado Department of Education with an Endorsement in the area of Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education, or Early Childhood Special Education Specialist.
- A current Early Childhood Professional Credential Level II or higher in Version 3.0 as determined by the Department.
- A current certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) in: Center Based, Preschool; Center-Based, Infant-Toddler; or Family Child Care; or other Department-approved credential.
- Completion of a course of training approved by the Department and published on the Departments approval list; and nine months (1,365 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four or more children less than eight years of age who are not related to the individual.
- Three months (455 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four or more children less than eight years of age who are not related to the individual; and the completion of 18-semester credit hours from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education, with one course as: Introduction to Early Childhood Professions; or Early Childhood Guidance Strategies for Children, or has been issued a Colorado Pyramid Model Training certificate of completion.
- Twenty-one months (3,185 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four or more children less than eight years of age who are not related to the individual. Satisfactory experience includes being a licensee of a Colorado Family Child Care Home, a Teachers Aide or Teacher in a childcare center, preschool, or elementary school. In addition, the individual must either: Possess a current Early Childhood Professional Credential Level I or higher in Version 3.0 as determined by the Department; or, Complete two three-semester credit hour courses from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education with one course as: Introduction To Early Childhood Professions or Early Childhood Guidance Strategies for Children, has been issued the Child Development Associate(CDA) Credential, or has been issued a Colorado Pyramid Model Training certificate of completion.
NOTE: All course grades used for the Early Childhood Teacher requirements must be a "C" or better.
In addition to any of the above options, applicants can also qualify by meeting any of the below combinations of education and experience:
- A registered nurse, licensed to practice in Colorado, with a minimum of six months of experience in the care of infants and/or toddlers.
- Current certificate in infant and toddler care from an accredited college or university with completion of at least thirty semester hours in such courses as child growth and development, nutrition, and care practices with children birth to three years of age.
- A licensed practical nurse with at least twelve months of verifiable experience in the care of children less than three years of age.
- An Assistant Teacher who is working in an infant nursery must have six months of experience in the care of infants and toddlers (which may include parenting experience).
What You Will Need
- Ability to provide a high quality environment nurturing a diverse population of staff and children, ages 6 weeks through age 8.
- Demonstrated skills to assist in leading, developing, supervising, planning and teaching developmentally appropriate curriculum; assist in the training of university student employees; and implement family programs while modeling appropriate language and behaviors.
- Growth mindset, team mentality and willingness to collaborate and be flexible to meet the changing needs of the center.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by September 26, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Teacher/51653
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency