Associate Director - CATLR
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
This position will partner with colleagues across Northeastern's global system to meet growing demand for high-quality online offerings in many formats, with the goal of bringing evidence-based practices and processes to the learning experience. While collaboration with individual educators and units will focus on learning design and experience architecture, this position will also design, develop, and lead both online and on-ground offerings for Northeastern educators.
Candidates from groups historically underrepresented in educational development are strongly encouraged to apply. Northeastern is an expanding global University system, so flexible scheduling is occasionally necessary to support other network campuses.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, at least 4 of which are in educational development, including faculty and/or graduate student consultation
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to design online content and exercises that generate meaningful data for the purpose of learning analytics
- At least 3 years consulting with educators to apply constructive alignment and backward design in identifying learning outcomes and developing experiences
- At least 3 years of experience teaching online
- Ability to design experiential, authentic online assignments that maximize student engagement with content, instructor, and peers
- Ability to create visual representations of processes and concepts
- Knowledge of learning sciences and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL), especially as related to online learning
- Knowledge of various current tools for teaching and learning online, with the ability to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each option
- Familiarity with Blackboard and Canvas
- Highly developed communication skills
- Ability to engage effectively with faculty across a variety of disciplines
- Ability to collaborate effectively within work teams and across units
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and other media
- Successful history of presentations and service at the national level, ideally with peer-reviewed publications (e.g., publication in refereed publications, conference presentations, service on editorial boards, manuscript review for journals)
- Interest in pursuing and supporting grant research into innovative educational models and practices, aligned with strategic priorities
- Background in and/or experience working with educators in STEM disciplines
- Expertise in fostering inclusivity and inclusive action practices in higher education
- Candidates will be asked to submit a portfolio of previous work samples demonstrating effectiveness in online teaching, workshop facilitation, resource development, etc.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/502399
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency