Associate Director, Development - DUA
Job ID: 251851
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for identifying, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospective donors for major gifts up to $50,000). Regularly interacts with major gift donors and prospective donors, including alumni, friends, parents, and representatives of corporations and foundations. Internally the position will interact with the academic units and program leadership, other development officers and departments, and unit-based volunteer leadership. Works primarily with the assigned department's graduates living within the Greater Atlanta area. In addition, plays a critical support role to the assigned Senior Director, Development and the department to identify new and initial major gift donors to support the department.
1. Under the direction of the assigned Senior Director, Development, assists in shaping and implementing the department's development plan to maximize private gift support in alignment with the department's top priorities
2. Makes direct solicitation calls to potential donors
3. Composes follow-up call reports
4. Performs in-person solicitation and travels to donors
5. Provides support for the Advisory Board and other discipline-based advisory boards to enhance board member engagement and to help maximize the fundraising potential
6. Researches prospects and categorizes their likely participation in volunteer or fundraising positions
7. Collaborates with colleagues in Alumni Affairs and University Annual giving in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects and donors
8. Submits contact reports and prospective solicitations into the tracking system by following department protocols
9. Works with the Office of Donor Relations to assist in stewardship activities, including ongoing stewardship of endowed scholarship donors
10. Collaborates with faculty and/or leadership to leverage fundraising opportunities surrounding research and program support
11. Supports the ongoing development efforts of the department, including assistance for support for corporate engagement in the unit
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Three (3) years of experience fundraising in a metrics-driven environment
Previous experience in higher education fundraising
The budgeted salary range is $75,000 to $85,000. Offers are based on relevant experience. Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
The budgeted salary is up to $85,000. Offers are based on relevant experience. Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, standards and approaches
Knowledgeable of a donor database, contact management and tracking systems
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Highest levels of interpersonal and relationship building skills
Use of office-related computer applications and systems
Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated collaborative skills
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=251851&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency