Main Campus - Boston, MA
We are looking for an IT Business Analyst to join our Technology Department at Simmons University. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Business Analyst will play a critical role in the implementation of the new Student Information Service (SIS), Workday Student. From meeting with key stakeholders to performing detailed requirements analysis and user acceptance testing, the Business Analyst will implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way.
A strong candidate will possess outstanding people skills, versatility and breadth in technical skills, and the ability to help teams and projects successfully accomplish their objectives. Ideal candidates thrive on variety in their daily work, on interaction with customers who are world-renowned leaders in their field, and on working with a wide range of technologies.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to determine a strategy and vision for software applications, including business needs and requirements;
- Collect, analyze, and translate business requirements into user stories, workflows, business process logic, process maps, wireframes, specifications, and acceptance criteria;
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that user stories and specifications are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable;
- Manage the project lifecycle including prioritizing initiatives, resource allocation, and communication strategy;
- Develop and execute communication plans in collaboration with the Project Manager and the Change Manager Lead;
- Regularly share and report on optimization and enhancement findings, documenting changes to the system;
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements;
- Negotiate priorities, sprint content and long-term plans with the design team, stakeholders, and technical team, ensuring effective sprint cycles that produce a high-quality minimum viable product;
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Provide operational support related to user security access, application tuning, configuration, audit and compliance;
- Collaborate with the technical team to clarify and define system requirements;
- Participate in development teams to implement and test business solutions, including quality assurance for complex data security test cases;
- Participate in the production support activities ensuring that user requests and incidents are resolved within our SLAs;
- Execute user access requests according to established policies and practices;
- Provide functional support across the applications including project/release go-lives;
- Update, implement and maintain procedures;
- Implement and test business solutions, including quality assurance for complex data security test cases;
- Perform user acceptance testing;
- Other duties as required to support the operations and maintenance of the Enterprise Applications.
Training and Documentation
- Apply and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes for Simmons Technology's knowledge base;
- Develop and facilitate end-user classroom, online, or vendor-delivered training in both group and one-on-one settings;
- Create and maintain technical and end user documentation;
- Maintain release notes and help documentation, ensuring that Simmons's collaboration tools reflect the final content of the release;
- Maintain and groom product backlog for future configurations and enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with administrative systems preferred, preferably in business analyst capacity;
- Advanced understanding of Excel, Project Management and Flow Diagram tools required;
- Experience with business process analysis and writing business requirements documents and/or functional specifications preferred;
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written;
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities;
- Experience understanding business processes & requirements;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills;
- Direct experience with business analysis tools and techniques strongly desired;
- Solid understanding and demonstrated use of iterative development approaches desired;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume work environment; willingness to do what it takes to meet critical deadlines;
- Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound judgment, including measured risks and timely escalation;
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
Position Details: This is a full-time, 24-month term, benefits eligible position.
Instructions to Applicants: Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum .
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Business-Analyst_R05133
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.