- Director, Community Engagement and Outreach
- Go to our website »
Job ID: 255883
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Provides leadership, strategic planning, and organizational direction for community engagement activities within the Global Education Office. Responsible for operations of the Office of Community Engagement and Outreach and relies on strategic understanding of program success, strong relationship building skills and broad community engagement to enhance the number of diverse globally focused engagement opportunities for the KSU community. Collaborates with department/unit leaders to provide support and guidance on globally themed community engagement initiatives. Develops, implements, and promotes engagement opportunities that cater to the needs of the campus community and department's strategic goals in collaboration with leadership.
1. Collaborates with department leaders to develop new, relevant, and impactful community engagement activities that are aligned with the department and the university's strategic plans
2. Provides advice and support for current and future community engagement programs and events
3. Develops and maintains relationships with non-profits and community members, identifying
globally focused opportunities for collaboration with the office
4. Promotes and represents the Office and University at community events, committee meetings, regional and international conferences and at business engagements
5. Identifies key individuals and/or groups on campus that can contribute to the development of and/or benefit from internationally focused programs and events
6. Serves as the office's sustainable development goals subject matter expert
7. Serves as lead managing the Atlanta Global Research and Education Collaborative (AGREC), SDG Futures Fellowship, Annual Year of Country Study, the Education for Human Rights and Sustainable Program and other programs as assigned
8. Leads the office, provides guidance, coaching, training, and performance management for assigned staff and/or student assistants
9. Manages financial allocations, processes, and budgets for the assigned department
10. Prepares operational reports and analysis to evaluate program performance and to inform decision-making processes
11. Oversees service agreements, MOUs and contracts with internal and external partners and vendors related to community engagement programs and events
12. Manages interest surveys and/or meetings and maintains a pulse of KSU community's interest and engagement
13. Manages community engagement portfolio and develops program milestones, and deliverables
14. Anticipates, mitigates, and tracks project decisions and any potential issues
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Four (4) years of related work experience in managing community programs or events and/or international education.
Experience with program development and event planning
Experience with project management and public speaking
Experience working in a culturally diverse environment
Experience with budgeting, planning, and scheduling
Experience in performing community engagement/outreach work in a public, non-profit, or higher education environment, preferably in a leadership role.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to build a culture of partnership and engagement
Able to work collaboratively and effectively with a broad range of constituents, including faculty, staff, students, and local & international partners to achieve institutional goals
Able to take direction and constructive feedback
Able to work efficiently and effectively in an autonomous environment
Able to think strategically and creatively
Able to navigate diplomatic protocol related to events that include diplomatic representatives
Able to understand and organize diverse educational methodologies and training needs
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time and meet assigned deadlines
Knowledge of partnerships, program management and event management
Knowledge of local community resources, community leaders and organizations
Adept in the principles and practices of equitable and inclusive community engagement
Knowledge of relevant assessment and data reporting practices data reporting practices
Knowledge and skills in building and sustaining relationships (intermediate to advanced)
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication( verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
This position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=255883&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency