University of Idaho
Director, University Signature Events
Division/College: President's Area
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $70,000 per year or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Director of University Signature Events leads the University Signature Events unit and works in collaboration with university leadership to develop a comprehensive strategy for the planning and execution of on- and off-campus special events designed to garner maximum exposure and support for the university's mission, goals and priorities. Reporting to the Special Assistant to the President, the position provides event leadership, professional expertise and direction, ensuring that all events advance the university's brand, organizational objectives and development strategies. The Director's portfolio will include presidential and advancement events varying in size and complexity, spanning from individual executive engagements to large university commencements with a focus on cultivating and enhancing meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level audiences, including prospective donors, corporations and foundations, key business leaders and other influencers.
10 years of event leadership and management experience in a for-profit, nonprofit, or higher education setting including:
- Developing and implementing programs, activities and large-scale projects, that include conceptualizing, coordinate detailed plans, and follow through to meet deadlines
- Ensuring events promote or advance a brand and/or support organizational objectives
- Managing multiple projects for diverse purposes and audiences with competing timelines
- Maintaining a calm and professional demeanor in a high-stress environment, identifying and independently resolving problems swiftly
- Working in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals from all levels of the organization
- Leading and supervising staff
- Managing client and vendor relationships
- Using computer software and applications for word processing, email and development of presentation slides
Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related area
Five (5) years working at an academic institution or non-profit environment
Strong knowledge of event industry standards, best practices and trends
Experience in fundraising or advancement
Advanced interpersonal skills
Exceptional verbal and written communication and editing skills
Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
Experience using Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) technology and event management software
Maintain professional membership in association related to event management
A keen eye for operational efficiency and optimal use of resources; an aptitude for use of data and metrics in decision-making; the ability to plan, monitor, and tightly manage a budget
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Willingness to work evenings and weekends in the execution of events
Must have a valid drivers license
Willingness to travel for off campus events
Posting Number: SP002487P
Posting Date: 05/21/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For first consideration, please apply by June 4, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency