ERP Technology & Business Intelligence Analyst (Enterprise Report Developer/Analyst)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6550
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 09/23/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $54,268 - $73,256/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: Provides technical system administration and support of the PeopleSoft application and enterprise reporting tools utilized at UTSA. Serves in a hands-on role under the direction of the PeopleSoft Technical Support Services Manager administering/developing application security, data interfaces, campus portal, and business intelligence enterprise reports for HR and Finance application modules. Works in liaison with all technical and functional team members to ensure delivery of reporting solutions. Interacts with senior members of the project team and client team members and provides leadership on best practices.
Scope: Responsible for supporting Enterprise applications reporting processes including Analytics and Reporting using tools like OBIA, Cognos etc., and administering relevant security, develop and maintain data interfaces and integration support to campus applications. .
- Provides full life-cycle support with requirements definition, system analysis, design, development, quality assurance, documentation, testing and production support for PeopleSoft application reporting at UTSA.
- Provides input and recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies with technical area activities.
- Provides PeopleSoft software technical support.
- Develops program logic for new application reports or analyzes and modifies logic in existing reports.
- Support weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting processes.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains reporting for applications such as PeopleSoft.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Facilitates and supports development and testing of required processes.
- Provides solutions to functional and technical issues as assigned.
- Provides integrations related to reporting and workflow.
- Identifies and tunes poorly performing SQRs, SQL, and reporting tools.
- Supports Call Center and Ticketing System infrastructure.
- Provides accurate problem resolution analysis and follows-up with documentation as needed.
- Provides leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Provide on call support as needed
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in a technology related field. Technical Training and/or experience may be substituted for a degree on a year for year basis.
- 3 years of experience in developing in SQR, Cobol and SQL in PeopleSoft (version 8.9 or above).
- 3 years of experience in using a broad range of tools such as nVision and Component Interface.
- Strong functional knowledge of HR and Finance application table structures.
- Proficient with SQL database query tool.
- PeopleSoft troubleshooting skills.
- Use of report writing tools.
- Full Life cycle implementation experience.
- Experience working and developing in a multi-business environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relate to and communicate well with both functional and technical staff.
- Experience with third party servicing and development.
- Experience with Web Service technology.
- Experience with EPM/OBIA or similar tools.
- Experience with Hyperion.
- Experience with .NET.
- SQL-Server knowledge.
- Work performed in an office environment with occasional work in a data processing environment.
- Must be able to work in a sedentary position for extensive periods of time.
- Occasional travel for business purposes may be required.
Telecommuters may be required to work on campus at times; travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. It is expected that this position will return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
This position could have the following work modalities at the discretion of the University:
- On-campus (Individuals that primarily work on campus)
- Hybrid - Occasionally (Individuals that work remotely but may work on campus on an infrequent basis)
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6550&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency