This ad is expired.
Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6582
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 09/15/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $31,200/annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Non-Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
- Resume is required.
- Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To care for and educate young children in a child care environment.
Scope: Responsible for providing quality child care by developing and implementing a developmental appropriate-age program for children.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for young children; positive verbal interaction with children during daily routines; promote positive self-esteem.
- Maintain orderly arrangement, appearance and learning environments within the classroom.
- Develop and implement daily schedules, lesson plans and classroom management techniques using program curriculum for whole group of children, small group of children and individualized child.
- Implement family style dining practices during children's mealtimes.
- Protect the health and safety of children; sanitize the environment as required; inspect classrooms and playgrounds for health/safety hazards; administer first aid as needed to the children.
- Utilize appropriate direct and indirect guidance strategies to guide behavior.
- Observe each child for developmental milestones; develop portfolios and records of developmental growth.
- Attend and participate in parent conferences, encourage daily communication of children's progress, and implement learning opportunities to meet individual learning goals.
- Complete departmental forms that record accidents, child medication, diaper chart, Child Care Services Division, attendance, meal count, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and other work-related functions.
- Participate and collaborate in research-based project to enhance to overall workforce industry.
- Actively participate and/or attend specialized activities, events, projects and/or committees to enhance servant leadership at the center, campus and in the community.
- Three years of experience as a classroom teacher of young children in a child development center or other educational facility working with children from birth to kindergarten age.
- A Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 36 college credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education that encompass the following: child development and learning of children birth through kindergarten, family, and community relationships, observing, documenting and assessing young children; teaching and learning; and professional practices and development, including relevant field based experience. OR A Bachelor's degree in related field with state certification to practice in early childhood.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultural competence and developmentally appropriate practices for young children, birth to 3 years old.
- Annual completion of 30 hours of child development training. Maintain compliance of NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct; NAEYC National Accreditation Standards State of Texas Minimum Standards for a Child Care Center; Texas Rising Star Standards and any other local, departmental and/or university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn program curriculum (Creative Curriculum/Teaching Strategies Gold) to observe, assess plan age appropriate activities.
- Annual completion of program curriculum reliability of child assessment (Teaching Strategies Gold Interrater Reliability Certificate) 30 days prior to expiration date.
- Adult/Child/Infant Pediatric CPR and First Aid Training by the American Heart Association or must obtain within first thirty days of hire.
- Prior to hire, complete physical to be able to regularly lift 40 pounds with or without accommodation; occasionally lift 10 pounds over head with or without accommodation.
- First shot of Hepatitis B vaccination series and completion of Hepatitis B vaccination series within specified time required.
- Negative TB test.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) Texas Department of Health and Human Services Child Care Regulations , Minimum Standards for a Child Care Center; Child Care Services Division Texas Rising Star; the National Association for the Education of Young Children Accreditation process.
- Clear/Pass Criminal Background Check (CBC) through UTSA and background and through Texas Department of Health and Human Services - Child Care Licensing.
- Ability to utilize basic computer skills through Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, standard office equipment and standard classroom equipment.
- Three years of similar experience in a center accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Interdisciplinary Studies, or Child and Family.
- Normal classroom conditions.
- Must be able to regularly lift 40 pounds with or without accommodation; occasionally lift 10 pounds over head with or without accommodation.
- Frequent stooping, squatting, bending, sitting, standing, crawling, dancing, rolling on the floor, and performing calisthenics.
- Repetitive movements incurred during sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping tables and furniture, washing dishes, etc.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required for special events or trainings.
- Moves furniture and equipment which requires pushing and pulling heavy objects, up to 150 pounds.
This position will be primarily located:
- On-campus (Individuals that primarily work on campus)
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6582&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency