Environmental Program Specialist-FAC
Job ID: 247079
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Provides expertise in the operation of environmental programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to water, gas, and energy. Provides technical assistance for environmental management systems and health regulations presenting recommendations to management concerning regulatory issues.
1. Plans, coordinates, and manages the University's environmental programs including but not limited to: Air Permit, Stormwater, SPCC, Lead Management, Refrigerant Management, Above Ground Storage Tanks, and PCB Management
2. Ensures University compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations and KSU/USG policies and procedures
3. Manages the University's asbestos program including conducting inspections of suspected asbestos containing materials, developing abatement specifications, and coordinating abatement projects
4. Manages inspection and oversight for a Category I Dam
5. Reviews new facility plans for compliance with applicable environmental regulations
6. Assists Facilities with environmental site assessments
7. Conducts storm water and sewer inspections
8. Manages the acid neutralization tank program
9. Assists in general safety oversight/duties as part of the KSU EHS team
10. Provides oversight of Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act Program
11. Manages environmental permits and exemptions to ensure the University's activities are in compliance with existing permits
12. Ensures that all environmental compliance records and reports are maintained and completed as needed in a timely manner
13. Develops, implements, and manages environmental compliance training for faculty, staff, and contractors, when required
Bachelor's from an accredited institution of higher education in Environmental Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Life Sciences, or a related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Five (5) years of Environmental Health and Safety or related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); Certified Safety Professional (CSP); Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM); and/or Professional Engineer (PE); Resource Conservation and Recovery Act training (RCRA); Hazardous materials transportation training (DOT); Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training (HAZWOPER) and Asbestos Project Supervisor and Inspector
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field preferred
Previous experience in environmental compliance
Previous experience in higher education preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to wear the appropriate safety and protective equipment including medical clearance for respirator use
Regularly attends professional development courses/conferences
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of federal and state environmental rules and regulations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Position of Trust + Education + Drug Screen + DMV
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=247079&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-30723a9f18854e41bfe0ab2dda8feb09