This ad is expired.
Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Administrative Services
Posting Number: 02277
Department: Admin Services
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Administrative Services supports managing the overall operations of Administrative Services. This position provides confidential, executive-level administrative support to the Vice President. The Executive Assistant serves as the Colleges designated Public Records Officer and Archives Manager
Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide direct, confidential, administrative support to the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee, college business and payroll information.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, minutes and reports.
- Maintain VP calendar, schedule meetings and appointments.
- Coordinate special events on campus, such as statewide conferences, commission meetings and trainings. This includes implementing all logistical aspects of event.
- Manage all aspects of VP travel (registrations, reservations, etc.).
- Prepare a variety of annual reports, status reports, and program review and assessment reports, as needed.
- Prepare and maintain the budgets for Administrative Services, HR and related areas.
- Manage credit (purchasing and travel) cards used by Administrative Services and HR, balancing monthly and completing all necessary documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct all campus archiving, ensuring compliance with state retention rules.
- Manage and direct all campus document shredding, including vendor relations and execution of vendor contract.
- Committee work as assigned.
- General office management, including maintaining supplies, office machines, and the physical space of the office.
- Research and organize documentation of the college's response to legal matters (EEO, Title IX, grievance, HCA, etc.).
- Serve as the Colleges designated Public Records Officer.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, students, employees at all levels of the institution, and members of the public.
- Greet visitors; provide information in response to in-person inquiries.
3 5 years or progressive office administrative experience.
Successful experience in a fast paced office environment.
Experience managing a department budget or larger.
Experience managing confidential information.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience in organizing various levels of projects/events etc.
Demonstrated ability to:
Provide exemplary customer service skills.
Work effectively with culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
Multitask in a busy environment with changing priorities.
Independently manage workload by making timely and effective decisions.
Organize time efficiently.
Maintain a calm, professional demeanor.
Associates degree/Bachelors degree preferred.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
Ability to operate office equipment
Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Work Hours: Monday Friday, 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Summer quarter schedule is typically Monday Thursday, 7:30 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Some evenings and weekend meetings are required.
Posting Date: 02/21/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community Colleges mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the Colleges vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring an Executive Assistant that exemplifies the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $62,000 - $68,000 plus benefits
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/4904
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency