University of Idaho
Financial Specialist 2
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.01 per hour or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Complies with federal and state laws and regulations related to federal, state and institutional financial aid disbursement, federal financial aid cash management, student withdrawals, bankruptcy, and student account collections. Determines proper accounting treatment for a large variety of financial aid and student accounts transactions and how the transactions are recorded in the university's accounting system. Processes billing statements for all accounts receivable.
- Position requires an associates degree in accounting or 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience: developing and preparing financial documents; using a personal computer to develop, analyze, and report financial data; analyzing financial activities.
- Prefer a bachelors degree in accounting.
- Experience working with Title IV federal financial aid regulations at a four-year direct lending school; experience interpreting and applying collection and bankruptcy regulations; experience working with a wide range of customers regarding sensitive information; experience working in a college or university business office; familiarity with FERPA. Experience with Banner and Microsoft office.
- Skills in: operating computer software and hardware; operating a calculator
- Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001950P
Posting Date: 09/24/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by October 8, 2018. The position will remain open until suitable applicant is identified. In addition to the online application, applicants should submit a resume and a Letter of Qualification addressing how they meet each minimum and preferred qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency