Full Time Faculty, Diesel
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions. Massasoit Community College is solidly committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in the development of its policies, programs, procedures, and practices. Our mission, vision, and values emanate from the principles of diversity and opportunity for all.
In accordance with the American College and University President's Climate Commitment, it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Diesel Department at Massasoit Community College is looking for a dynamic and engaged educator to join its faculty. To fill this role, department members serve as leaders and innovators, as well as outstanding educators. Taking a data-driven approach, department members work collaboratively with others at the college to promote active learning and student responsibility. Members work to develop, implement, review and support programs that increase student success while maintaining high expectations and standards. Members also work closely with faculty and employers throughout Massachusetts to develop a shared vision of preparing students with the proper training to be successful technicians in the diesel industry.
This full-time position will teach a range of diesel courses fifteen hours a week between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. The position requires a wide range of professional responsibilities and activities related to supporting student success such as managing a classroom, holding students accountable, and encouraging them with structured opportunities to develop their own proficiency. Successful candidates will be expected to develop fluency with online academic and administrative tools such as CANVAS, BANNER and other systems employed at the college. The position also requires student advising, attendance at departmental, divisional and all college meetings, serving on college committees and other duties as assigned and outlined in the MCCC agreement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizing and delivering class objectives in a clear, concise manner.
- Maintaining an orderly, controlled, and safe environment for our students in classrooms and labs; Ensuring training aids, tools, and equipment are maintained and prepared for use in the classroom and lab.
- Supervising and holding students accountable while promoting learning, participation, motivation, and professionalism.
- Testing, evaluating, and communicating performance and progress with students, supervisors, and other departments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Comfort with technology, both learning and diagnostic a must and willingness to teach with online and hybrid model courses.
- Meet and communicate with prospective partner companies as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Will consider a candidate with an associate degree plus significant experience in diesel technology with the expectation the candidate will work towards a bachelor's degree.
- Industry certifications in Chassis Components, Diesel Natural Gas, Power Generation, Heavy Equipment, Power Generation and associated equipment, Hydraulics, and Marine Systems.
- A minimum of three years of full or part-time teaching or training experience in a variety of diesel courses, preferably in a community college setting.
- Ten years of work-related experience in diesel, compressed natural gas and electrical power generation systems.
- Experience in curriculum and course development as well as maintaining curriculum accuracy by keeping up-to-date on the industry.
- Fluency in using a variety of effective pedagogical strategies to promote student success.
- An interest and experience in working to develop and manage partnerships with area school districts and employers.
- A willingness to be involved in activities with the student body and interest in providing opportunities for students to extend learning outside of the classroom.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Full-time benefited Massachusetts Community College Council (MCCC) position.
Term of Appointment: Full-time, tenure track position. Terms governed by MCCC/MTA Agreement.
Salary: Bachelor's - Minimum salary $43,302 - $80,981 Master's - Minimum salary $46,687 - $83,005
The actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, based on the MCCC/MTA classification study and may consider market factors.
Supervisor: Reports to the Division Dean of Emergent Technologies
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled.
A cover letter and resume are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, email@example.com, or the Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria, 508-588-9100, x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=119325
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency