Posting Number S0142P
DBM Rating B21
Position Number 4PHFA14
Position Title Groundskeeper
Position Type Support Staff
Status of Position Staff - Full Time
Union Support Staff
FLSA Non Exempt
Performs duties related to maintenance of Prairie State College's grounds including but not limited to: mowing, trimming, weed control, snow/ice removal, landscape installation and similar activities, perform routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs of college vehicles and grounds keeping equipment.Reporting and Supervisory RelationshipsDirect reporting relationship to the Manager, Facilities and Operations.
1. Operates large road equipment with attachments and powered hand and riding mowers for the maintenance of turf areas and athletic fields.
2. Operates a variety of snow and ice removal equipment.
3. Installs landscape designs, trims, cultivates, fertilizes and waters a variety of shrubs, hedges, plants, trees and grass.
4. Operates chemical spray equipment according to Illinois law for the application of pesticides to control weeds, insects and rodents.
5. Makes repairs to walks, roadways, and parking lots with gravel, stone, hot or cold pitch asphalt.
6. Performs routine preventive maintenance and makes minor repairs to vehicles and/or grounds equipment; reports to supervisor major maintenance repair needs.
7. Ability to lift 50 pounds with physical ability for considerable walking, bending and standing.
8. Makes repairs and maintains baseball, softball and soccer fields.
9. Assists in the moving of furniture, equipment, supplies and other materials as requested.
10. Performs other duties as required, which are reasonably within the duties enumerated above.
11. Responsible for housekeeping in work area and work sites.
12. Maintain and submit daily logs and work orders.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly in order to move objects. Work is primarily mobile in nature.
EQUIPMENT/TOOLS USED: Various types of mechanical tools and equipment to include but not limited to: lawn mowers, tractors, snow blowers, dollies, brooms, ladders, shovels, wheelbarrows and screwdrivers.Minimum Qualifications1. High School Diploma/Equivalent.
2. Ability to drive/operate tractors and trucks; possession of valid vehicle operator's license in the appropriate classification as required by law.
3. Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
4. Ability to safely lift fifty pounds.
5. Ability to work in all kinds of weather.
6. One year of experience in grounds, parks and athletic facilities or related work and/or capable of operating heavy-duty tractors, trucks for snow removal, hauling and grading.Preferred Qualifications1.
Experience working at upper level educational facility.
2. Experience in general maintenance.
3. Experience in athletic field maintenance.
4. Possess an Illinois Spray Chemical Operator's license and keep it current.
Anticipated Work Hours and Days 40 hours
Posting Date 08/15/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically through the Prairie State College website.
Quicklink for Posting
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency