Position Title Network Administrator
Position Type Support Staff
Status of Position Staff - Full Time
Union Support Staff
FLSA Non Exempt
Responsible for managing and maintaining the College Network environment, making sure Email and other network applications/data is delivered to end-users and interacting properly with Wide Area Networks (WANs).
Reporting and Supervisory Relationships
Direct reporting relationship to the Manager, ITR Operations and Client Services.
1. Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
2. Works independently and utilized excellent troubleshooting skills.
3. Installs and maintains interoperability of all servers utilizing various OS including, but not limited to: Windows, Linux, and Unix.
4. Installs and configures hardware and software for LAN, WAN, and servers.
5. Assists in the recommendation for purchase of LAN, WAN, and server hardware and software.
6. Maintains Firewall and Switch configuration and backup.
7. Implements and maintains virus protection for LAN and WAN.
8. Responsible for creation, changes, restoration of VMware-ESX virtual server environment.
9. Creates and maintains network user and e-Mail accounts.
10. Implements and maintains authentication for the LAN and WAN user accounts.
11. Develops and maintains diagrams, forms, and procedural documentation as required for server, network, and security support.
12. Provides Help Desk support for advanced network/computer issues.
13. Provide back-up support for Network Administrator duties.
14. Provides LAN/WAN and server support to off-campus sites.
15. Keeps up-to-date on industry trends and abreast of latest software updates and network programs to assist in the troubleshooting and correction of errors.
16. Applies logic and critical thinking to the process of monitoring and interpreting LAN and WAN analysis.
17. Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the role of this position.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Physical activities include repetitive motion and exerting up to 50 lbs of force frequently in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The job requires manual dexterity.
EQUIPMENT/TOOLS USED: Employee utilizes network servers and computers, tape drives, administrative printer, PC printer and other standard LAN office equipment. Employee also uses cable crimpers and CAT-5 testing equipment.
1. Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent college coursework.
2. Four years of job-related administrative experience with Microsoft Windows networks, including two years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory and one year of experience with Microsoft Internet Information Services.
3. One year of experience with configuring and maintaining a VMWare virtualized server environment, utilizing HP servers.
4. Working knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies; Firewalls, Switches, ISP Routers, VPN.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently after initial instructions with high degree of accuracy.
6. Ability to work well with others in a team oriented environment.
7. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
8. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
9. Networking+ Certification.
10. Possess and demonstrate excellent LAN/WAN troubleshooting skills.
1. Additional experience working with AIX, Linux and other network operating systems.
2. Additional experience working with HP and Sophos networking appliances.
3. Experience working with Microsoft Window Server Update Services.
4. Experience working with Storage Area Network technology.
5. Experience with basic administration of Microsoft Exchange.
6. Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
Posting Date 06/05/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.
Quicklink for Posting
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency