This ad is expired.
Office Assistant I/II-Operations and Advancement Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6611
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 09/14/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary: $31,200 annualized (no flexibility)
Hours per Week
Non- Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To provide standard clerical and typing skills for a department or section.
Scope: Responsible for the performance of clerical, typing and data entry duties as assigned, which requires the occasional use of independent judgment.
1. Enter constituent data for all individuals and organizations, including address updates, constituent demographics, and relationship links.
2. Enter returned mail address corrections or other such change of address notification.
3. Assist with confidential research for update of businesses information, including contact persons for Primary Contact for businesses.
4. Assist with conducting research on individuals, corporations, and foundations for prospect activity and maintain integrity of data.
Office Assistant I:
- Graduated High School or completed GED
Office Assistant II:
- Graduated High School or completed GED and one year of clerical or office experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a one for one basis.
- Proficiency in the use of English Grammar, spelling and business math.
Office Assistant I
- Business courses at or above the high school level.
- Six or more months of clerical experience
Office Assistant II
- Some College Coursework
- Two or more years of similar experience.
- Experience with any program in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access.
This position will be primarily located:
Remote: Primarily works from a remote location and rarely needs to be on campus. Travel and parking, expenses are the employee's responsibility. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments. Selected candidate must reside in, or be able to relocate to Texas by time of hire.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6611&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency