University of Idaho
Location: Off Campus Location - Dubois
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $44,566 per year or more depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position is responsible for the day to day operations at the U.S. Sheep Experiment Station in Dubois, Idaho. This position is responsible for personnel; the budget, financial documents and payroll recording; safety; animal care; and assisting with the coordination of onsite research. The person in this position will purchase feed, supplies, equipment and animals for the research station. They will manage the sale of animals and wool for the University of Idaho. They will monitor immigration and H2-A requirements that relate to international employees that are working at the Sheep Station.
- Requires a BS degree in Animal Science, Ag Management, Business, or similar field or 4 years related experience.
- Experience developing and disseminating business correspondence such as email, memos and letters and reports.
- Experience with livestock such as sheep and horses.
- Experience using standard business word processing, email, and spreadsheets programs and/or software.
- Experience with the U of I Banner System and Argos.
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Experience operating basic large AG equipment (trucks, tractors, skid steers)
- Posses or ability to obtain Pesticide Applicators license within 6 months of initial hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must have a valid Drivers License and be able to drive a University of Idaho vehicle. - Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move at least 50 lbs. repeatedly on a daily basis. - Ability to hike at least 3 miles in mountainous terrain while carrying up to 20 lbs. - Ability to work in and endure climatic extremes such as hot and cold weather. - Ability to work in a high-allergen environment (hay, dust, feedlots, pesticides) - Ability to climb over fences, bend, stoop, crawl.
Posting Number: SP002312P
Posting Date: 09/06/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by October 6, 2019. The position will remain open until suitable applicant pool has been identified. In addition to the online application, individuals should submit a letter of qualification. IMPORTANT: To be considered, your Letter of Qualification must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency