- Passport Acceptance Agent
- Go to our website »
Passport Acceptance Agent
The Passport Acceptance Agent, under direction of the Global Engagement Office Director, is responsible for daily coordination and administration of the FGCU Passport Acceptance Facility: including accepting applications for US passports, educating customers on associated Federal and State guidelines and processes, responding to e-mail and telephone inquiries.
- Make appointments by phone and email with passport applicants.
- Interact with students, staff, and the public in a cordial, responsive, and professional manner.
- Perform all duties in a manner that maintains a positive effect on the internal and external perception of the Global Engagement Office.
- Ensures appropriate data collection and record keeping for the passport operations.
- Training and scheduling of all passport acceptance agents.
- Review the application for proper completion, presentation of documentary evidence of birth in the United States or naturalization, and record the evidence submitted for proof of identity and attending to the daily activities of mailing, cashiering, and quality control, tracking and reporting.
- Interfaces with the US Passport Agency in Miami and maintains the updated communications from same.
- Coordinate offsite and onsite Passport Fairs.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Global Engagement Office Staff.
Additional Job Description
- Must be able to pass the Passport Acceptance Agent Exam.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy are imperative.
- Applicant must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Previous experience as a Passport Acceptance Agent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service by exceeding the expectations of clients, stakeholders and colleagues with every encounter.
- A keen ability to analyze, understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a positive outcome.
- Ability to strategically utilize time and resources to manage priorities, timelines, deadlines and details under pressure, with accuracy, and to a high level of proficiency.
- Ensures the highest level of confidentiality and service is provided to all customers.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and be able to work independently, but also be a team player
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other's view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-3pm
Salary: $18.00 /hr
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Passport-Acceptance-Agent_R0003078
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency