Post-Doctoral Research Associate-College of Engineering and Integrated Design
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6671
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
The Vascular Biomechanics and Biofluids Laboratory at The University of Texas at San Antonio has an immediate opening for a Post-Doctoral Research Associate with a start date of November 1, 2021 (negotiable) in the general area of numerical modeling of large vessel mechanics. Highly motivated candidates are sought with strong computational skills, evidence of productive academic and publication records, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a group of researchers with diverse academic backgrounds. On-going projects in the laboratory involve patient specific modeling of abdominal aortic aneurysms and pulmonary arterial hypertension, and non-destructive arterial mechanics.
Responsibilities for the position include carrying out independent and/or leading others in conducting research in the field of patient-specific modeling, analyzing and evaluating data, utilizing specialized techniques, manuscript writing for publications in scientific journals, and oral presentations during lab meetings. In addition, there may be lab management responsibilities, including oversight/supervision of undergraduate and/or graduate students, or providing training in various research methods, and other duties as assigned. This position may require attendance to and public dissemination of research results at conferences and seminars. It is expected that the post-doctoral researcher will interact effectively with colleagues in engineering and medicine, and participate in grant proposal writing.
Posting End Date
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by October 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials
- 1-page cover letter stating your research interests and career goal
- A detailed CV
- Up to three representative published journal papers
- Contact information for three references
- Please submit all documents together in a single PDF in order to be considered.
- Applicants must have a Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field, to be awarded prior to starting the position.
- The candidates should have a strong background in one or more of the following areas: finite element analysis, patient-specific computational structural modeling, application of machine learning and/or deep learning algorithms for data analysis, and soft tissue constitutive modeling.
- In addition, excellent oral communication and written skills are critical for a successful performance in this position
- Prior experience with computational modeling of abodominal aortic aneurysms
On Campus: Primary work location will be on campus
- The initial appointment will be for 1 year with the possibility of being re-appointed for additional years based on satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6671&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency