Professional Research Assistant
Requisition Number: 54240
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 29-Feb-2024
A full time Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position is available in the Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory in the Department of Integrative Physiology at the University of Colorado Boulder. The PRA will join a research team conducting cutting edge research studies on sleep and circadian rhythms in humans and translational studies to understand circadian rhythm disorders. The Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory is committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusive excellence. We seek participation from all groups in our research team and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Sleep and Chronobiology laboratory aims to understand the physiology of sleep and circadian rhythms in humans and the health and safety consequences of sleep and circadian disruption-such as, cardiometabolic dysregulation, impaired cognition, and compromised performance. Our research also explores strategies to promote sleep and circadian health, to enhance alertness and maintain health and safety when sleep and circadian rhythms are challenged, as well as treatment strategies for patients with sleep and circadian related disorders.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Collection of biological specimen.
- Collection of sleep and circadian physiology data.
- Collection of human performance data.
- Assist with research participant recruitment and screening.
- Assist with analysis of biological specimen.
- Assist with analysis of sleep and circadian data.
- Assist with laboratory maintenance.
- Maintaining and updating data generated by studies.
- Case report and research record documentation.
- Library research and assist with completion of reports.
- Assist with laboratory maintenance, including purchasing of supplies and training staff/maintaining a cleaning schedule.
- Processing paperwork for reimbursements and billings.
- Other duties as needed.
What You Should Know
- Nighttime and daytime hours of work including weekends.
- Studies are predominantly nighttime and weekends.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this full-time position is $40,325 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be ambitious. Be pioneering. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelors Degree in related field of study.
What You Will Need
Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as a team member required
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific interest in this position.
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for a reference. We will request a letter of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until February 29th, 2024.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Professional-Research-Assistant/54240
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency