Program Coordinator, Student Engagement and Belonging
Job ID: 252190
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.
1. Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or department(s)
2. Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s) and/or departments
3. Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program and/or department activities
4. Provides, administers and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
5. Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals and may be responsible for the program or department's purchasing card (PCard)
6. Prepares and delivers presentations and collateral for program and/or department and events
7. Coordinates and administers the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
8. May coordinate, administer and monitor social media presence and program outreach
9. May supervise and/or lead assigned staff and/or students assistants
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
One (1) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please refer to the department Position Description Addendum for specific duties as it relates to the assigned department, division, unit and/or college
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to devise, develop, collect and analyze statistical information and reports
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Ability to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgments
Demonstrated professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focus
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, implement, and assess programs to create a rich and vibrant co-curricular environment that engages students and helps them develop a sense of belonging and community
2. Create programs/activities that complement academic programs and provide an engaging and supportive environment that addresses students' social, emotional, and academic needs
3. Maintain collaborative relationships with Student Affairs and other university departments, including Residence Life, Campus Services, Event Management, and Academic Affairs, to ensure the success of university-wide, student programming initiatives
4. Work collaboratively with Parent and Family programs to ensure that FLIGHT families can support their students' academic and personal goals
5. Support the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of pep rallies and other school-spirit events
6. Coordinates a portion of the NSSE Engagement events and activities
7. Responsible each year for implementation and assessment of multiple FLIGHT-related programs focused on first-year students
8. Advise the freshman-focused FLIGHT student leaders and mentors
9. Chair Sophomore Social committee, developing a major welcome-back event for sophomores
10. Recruit, train, and supervise student assistants
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*:
Ability to recognize and protect confidential information and exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy in handling sensitive information and situations
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Student Affairs Administration, Public Administration, Student Personnel, Higher Education, or related field
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (listed below are items in addition to the base job description)
Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=252190&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency