University of Idaho
Ranch Production Assistant: Crops & Livestock
Location: Off Campus Location - Salmon
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.70 per hour or higher depending on experience.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Perform a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled farm and ranch duties as directed by the Ranch Manager or Superintendent. These duties include but not limited to: operating farm equipment to prepare seed beds; planting, cultivating and harvesting crops; performing weed/pest control; feeding/handling/doctoring livestock; maintaining and building fencing and livestock enclosures; irrigating; and working effectively both individually and as a team member.
- Associates degree and 3 years experience OR high school degree, completion of high school equivalency or GED and 5 years experience working in agriculture.
- Experience operating basic farm equipment and assisting with the maintenance of the tractors and trucks.
- Experience working with and treating minor medical issues with cattle while in pastures and corrals.
- Experience working on ranch facilities; work may be performed on foot, machine or horse.
- Bachelors degree in an agricultural related field.
- Ability to weld, rope cattle, use a weed sprayer, operate and drive a variety of equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with ranch employees, faculty, and staff.
- Experience with a variety of irrigation methods.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be able to pass a driving background check.
- Ability to obtain a commercial pesticide applicators license within 12 months of hire.
- Ability to work in adverse environmental conditions.
Posting Number: SP002399P
Posting Date: 01/30/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by February 18, 2020. This position will remain open until a suitable applicant pool has been identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency