This ad is expired.
Research Scientist Associate IV-Neurosciences Institute
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 7145
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 12/03/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $45,000 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt: 40 hours a week
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
The Hermann laboratory in the Department of Neuroscience, Developmental and Regenerative Biology at UTSA seeks applicants for a Research Scientist Associate IV position to perform NIH-funded studies in male germline development, spermatogenesis, and non-human primate transgenesis. The successful applicant will be responsible for the planning, direction and execution of laboratory research under the direction of the PI.
- Oversee the day to day experimental operations of key NIH-funded studies in the Hermann lab focused on spermatogenesis and germ cell development, including in non-human primate species.
- Collaborate with the PI, other members of the Hermann lab, and members of related laboratories/institutions in the design/planning and execution of experiments.
- Assist with the development and design of plans for experiments and projects.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute experiments and research projects including devising new approaches to problems encountered; and continually update the PI on project/experiment progress.
- Perform end-to-end single-cell genomics studies, including sample preparation, coordination with and use of research core facilities (internal and external), and execution of data analyses.
- Perform experiments involving laboratory animals, including at off-campus locations.
- Be responsible for reporting results to the PI and assist with data interpretation, consolidation, assembly into figures, and writing of relevant text.
- Operate relevant research equipment housed within the Hermann laboratory and research core facilities for experimentation.
- Assist the PI with the supervision and training of student employees, interns, and volunteers involved in relevant projects.
- Develop and maintain protocols and standard operating procedures for the research.
- Maintain an inventory of relevant supplies and samples.
- MS (minimum) or PhD (preferred) in biology, physiology, reproduction, biochemistry, genomics, genetics, stem cell biology, developmental biology or a related field.
- 3 years (minimum) of experience as a research technician and/or postdoctoral fellow.
- Experience working with laboratory animals (required), preferably in both rodent and non-human primate species.
- Documented expertise performing genomics, transcriptomics, high-throughput PCR, next-generation sequencing, or related applications (required).
- Specific wet and dry lab expertise with single-cell genomics is preferred.
- PhD in biology, physiology, reproduction, biochemistry, genomics, genetics, stem cell biology, developmental biology or a related field.
- Four years of experience as a research technician and/or postdoctoral fellow.
- Knowledge of scientific equipment used in related fields of research.
This position will be primarily located:
On Campus: Primary work location will be on campus
- Usual laboratory or office conditions.
- Sometimes requires working with hazardous equipment or materials.
- May require travel off-campus and extended overnight stays.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=7145&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency