This ad is expired.
STAFF NURSE TEMP- Livonia Surgery Center OR
Job Opening ID: 174760
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: Central Staffing Resource
Posting Begin/End Date: 7/29/2019 12/31/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Temporary Job Opening
Nursing- Central Staffing Resources
Nursing- Surgical Services: OR / PACU
Nursing- All Nursing
Nursing- Ambulatory Care and Clinics
How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of two (2) Staff Nurse Temp Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR) and services Livonia Surgery Center OR
Wage: $55.00/hr. base rateEvening Shift Differential is $5.00 per hourNight Shift Differential is 3.00 per hourWeekend Differential is $5.00 per hour
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Scrub and circulate multi-specialty surgical cases in a fast-paced outpatient setting. Nursing responsibilities are assigned under the clinical supervision of a nurse manager. Direct pre, intra, and postoperative patient care of a multi-specialty surgical population. Transfer patients as needed and prepare rooms between cases. Participate in on-going QA activities.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. * Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current Licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan
- 2 years recent Operating Room experience
- Previous experience, scrubbing and circulating
- Current AHA BLS Certification. Candidate will need to be able to provide proof of certification upon offer
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants): You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Previous Ambulatory surgery experience.
- Previous Charge Nurse Experience
- ENT or Vascular experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn and /or maintain specialty service information
- Self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills
- CNOR Certification
- ACLS certified
- BSN preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude
- Demonstrated team player skills
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Experience floating to multiple units
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrated professional interactions with peers and surgical colleagues
- Ability to meet functional job requirements.
*Commitment is 24 hours per 4 week scheduling block*Shifts: Day shifts are available; Hours: As needed by unitLocation: Livonia Surgery Center OR
Expected to float to like units where competent and qualified
Inability to work for (3) months consecutively leads to automatic termination from employment
No guarantee of work at any time. Shifts can and sometimes will be cancelled.
TEMPORARY FLOAT NURSE GUIDELINES1). All CSR employees are required to attend an annual educational Blitz to complete required UM mandatories and compentencies (BCLS every 2 yrs, Cardiac Arrest and maintain all other applicable certifications).2). Temporary Float Nurses are expected to work all shifts requested unless no work is available. It is the intention that all Temps will float to all units within the cluster speciality. 3). A Temporary Nurse should work 24 hours per 4 week schedule block. You may request four (4), eight (8), or twelve (12) hours shifts in advance. 4.) Temporary Nurses in the CSR Clusters are NOT required to work weekends or holidays.5). Temporary Nurses will participate in a newly designed, streamlined, onboarding/orientation program. However, the progression of orientation will be dependent upon clinical competency, staffing needs of the individual units, and the number of hours worked by the Temporary RN.
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/174760/staff_nurse_temp-_livonia_surgery_center_or
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency