Student Affairs Coordinator - Student Events
The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine educates aspiring physicians to be justice-minded, global citizens using a community-based, distributed model of education, which fosters inclusion, discovery and innovation. The UIWSOM invites applications for the Student Affairs Coordinator - Student Events.
The Student Affairs Coordinator - Student Events reports directly to the Director of Student Affairs. Under supervision, the Student Affairs Coordinator plans, develops and implements medical education and social programs for students of the UIWSOM. This position works on a flexible schedule to accommodate students' class, exam and rotation commitments. The Student Affairs Coordinator will assist students in pursuit of their educational and professional goals and specifically, will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of student events and special ceremonies. The Student Affairs Coordinator will operate within the UIWSOM framework of lifelong learning through collaborative scholarship, innovative educational excellence and learner-centered curricula.
This position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX federal regulations and Mandatory Reporter under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Possess skills for providing oversight, direction, leadership and motivation for professional students.
2. Outstanding organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work with confidential material with an attention to detail.
4. Ability to multi-task and problem sole innovatively, strategically prioritizing resources necessary for event support.
5. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team-based, faith-driven multi-cultural environment with deans staff, peers and full-time and community-based faculty.
6. Demonstrate effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
7. Ability to tolerate exposure to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in the performance of job duties.
8. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to pens, pencils, calculators, computers keyboards, telephone, etc.
9. May be required to transport oneself and others to UIW office affiliated clinical sites, and to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
10. Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures. 11. Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Student Affairs in Higher Education, Student Personnel, Education or other related program
Required Work Experience
Previous work experience at an institution of higher education. . Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact with a team of faculty and staff while utilizing strong interpersonal/human relations and conflict resolution skills.
* Work experience at a medical school, preferably in a student service office.
* Masters Degree in related field.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Must hold a valid drivers license and have a driving history acceptable to the University carrier.
Normal work hours will be from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. However, evenings or weekend hours may be required depending on the needs of a department and/or the learning community.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands and vision for office equipment such as computers, talk or hear; moderate telephone usage. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment is usually an office environment as well as classroom environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Posting Number: AS1207PO
Job Category: Staff (non-exempt)
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Director of Student Affairs
Open Date: 09/14/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/17543
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency