This ad is expired.
Supervisor, Degree Certifier - Enrollment Services
Job ID: 252213
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's college . We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high- impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of degree auditing and certifying in the Office of the Registrar. Assists in program planning and development, interpreting, monitoring, and analyzing information regarding Board of Regents and KSU operating policies and procedures. Provides training and support to the degree certifying staff. Supervises assigned staff and manages the daily operation of the team in the absence of leadership.
1. Manages the day-to-day office operations of the department and assigned staff
2. Collaborates with leadership to create and maintain cross departmental communication and meetings designed to ensure Board of Regents and KSU compliance regarding graduation auditing and certifying requirements
3. Provides guidance regarding general education (core) and major related curriculum requirements and non-course requirements
4. Serves as a student advocate with advisors and academic departments to seek seamless resolution to degree audit inquiries
5. Assists leadership in awarding degrees each semester
6. Supports team goals, provides specialized staff training, identifies peak times and coordinates staff schedules, approves time and annual leave requests, disseminates important BOR, University and division updates
7. Assists with staff hiring processes and performance management
8. Collaborates with leadership and the DegreeWorks team to identify and mitigate scribe and curriculum issues in order to accurately display advice in DegreeWorks program requirements
9. Executes student data reports related to project initiatives, interprets results, delivers analysis, and provides resolution to department leadership
10. Conducts internal and campus community presentations to support graduation initiatives and policy and procedure changes and updates
11. Manages testing of internal database applications, assists with designing and executing test plans, records, and documents results to ensure compliance with state and institutional standards and maintain data integrity
12. Assists with new staff training and onboarding
13. Develops and assists with new training programs and instructional materials for onboarding of new processes and new staff members
14. Manages internal processes focused on retention, progression, and graduation
15. Responsible for completing all phases of degree certification review as assigned by leadership
16. Utilizes the approved electronic system(s) to determine placement and confirmation of all participating students in each commencement ceremony
17. Must attend all commencement ceremonies and assist with processes and logistics as assigned
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Three (3) years of related higher education experience in degree auditing/certifying, transfer evaluation, or academic advising
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Experience in University student information systems related to degree certification Familiarity with USG policies
Previous supervisory experience
The budgeted salary range is $39,883 to $55,000. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Proven success working with academic departments and curriculum issues
Able to think analytically, interpret, apply guidelines, policies, procedures and rules using consistently sound judgement
Able to facilitate and foster effective working relationships
Able to perform and prioritize multiple job functions in a fast-paced working environment
Able to participate in Commencement ceremonies each semester and assists with commencement duties as needed
Able to create a team atmosphere, gaining support of team members, and creating a culture of accountability and fairness
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines with emphasis on accuracy
Experience and proficiency in degree auditing
In-depth knowledge of degree program structures and USG general education (core) curriculum
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
High standards of ethics, honesty, integrity and confidentiality
High aptitude to comprehend and grasp information quickly
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Position of Trust + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=252213&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency