Tradesperson - Insulation Shop
Ops Div Bldg Maint & Const
Safely performs journeyperson level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Constructs containments for asbestos abatement projects. Ensures air tight enclosure is safely constructed to meet established standards of performance, quality and regulations.
- Installs and repairs various types of insulation materials and insulation covers. Ensures that all jobs are safely accomplished to meet established standards of performance, quality and regulations. Assists in Training personnel in job related maintenance tasks.
- Reads and understands all governmental regulations pertaining to asbestos removal operations. Also, responsible for in-containment compliance. Ensures 100% compliance with governmental regulations.
- Supervises / Assists and performs asbestos removal and ensures that area is clean to 100% visual standard without excess fiber release to meet established standards of performance, quality and regulations.
- Attends asbestos initial worker training to obtain and then maintain current asbestos abatement license required for asbestos abatement operations.
- Operates vehicles including pickups, trucks & vans. Operation of vehicle will be in accordance with all applicable traffic regulations and laws governing asbestos removal. Operator will ensure vehicles are maintained in safe operating condition prior to use.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyperson.
- Must currently hold or be able to obtain a valid Asbestos Abatement Worker license.
- Excellent working knowledge and hands-on experience in the thermal system insulation field.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency