Tradesperson - Steam Shop
Ops Div Bldg Maint & Const
Safely performs journeyperson level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs component replacement/repairs for steam & condensate components & the associated distribution network. Repairs or fabricates equipment such as: pumps, motors, steel cabinets, chairs, stools, etc. Machines small parts close to tolerance.
- Performs preventive maintenance on steam related equipment. Inspects & calibrates steam & condensate system devices. Performs renovation & new construction maintenance tasks. Performs steam trap survey & documents the findings. (1100 traps)
- Performs welding tasks in repairs, fabrication and new construction. Performs preventive maintenance and maintains common shop equipment and/or machines. Inspects and calibrates steam and condensate system devices. Provides maintenance for tunnel steam and condensate distribution system to include all aspects of service, renovation and test of components. Provides repairs for less than satisfactory environmental condition in campus facilities having steam radiator heating systems.
- Must safely perform skilled work & understand the theory & application of high pressure & temperature steam control and metering devices & their relationship to the function of the process involved. Also, ability to safely replace, repair, calibrate and test these devices is essential. General knowledge & ability to safely perform inspection & repairs of air handling units, steam traps and valves, domestic hot water generation systems, condensate recovery pump and tank systems, comfort heating water convertors distribution network components.
- Operates vehicles including pickups, trucks & vans. Maintains vehicle, tools, equipment & materials in an orderly and safe condition. Secures vehicle, equipment and areas of operation.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyperson.
- Three (3) years hands-on experience related to steam production and welding.
- Ability to operate equipment such as: drills, power saws, oxygen/acetylene torches, soldering & brazing equipment.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency