Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Posting #: 15-168
Campus: De Anza College
Number of Working Months: ADO
Starting Salary: $19.10 per hour
Open Until Filled: Open Until Filled
Employment Duration: Part-Time
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified-hourly position above.
De Anza College Mission Statement:
De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college's Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression
- Information literacy
- Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
- Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Critical thinking
Under the direction of the DSP&S Supervisor, tutor various levels of English composition and reading courses to students with various physical and/or learning disabilities. Tutoring will take place one-on-one with students and in-group settings.
Position reports to the DSP&S Supervisor. Academic day only assignment. Three days a week, six (6) hours per day. Hours and schedule will vary based on enrollment and class schedules. Not to exceed eighteen (18) hours per week.
- Provide small group, laboratory, or individual instructional assistance for Special Class or regular class instruction for students with disability related functional limitations.
- Provide assistance in content support, learning strategies, organizational, and study skills.
- Provide tutorial assistance in accordance with authorized educational accommodations.
- Keep current on tutoring methodologies and assistive technologies used to accommodate students with disabilities in DSPS learning lab.
- Recommend tutoring strategies as needed to accommodate the special needs of students.
- Maintain cooperative, effective working relationships in a team setting.
- Apply policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintain progress and attendance records. Meet schedules and timelines. Attend meetings as appropriate.
- Tutoring and accommodation strategies and techniques
- Content material
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
- Plan and organize work.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A combination equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a field of assistant (English, or Special Education) or an Associate's degree AND relevant work experience.
- Experience working with students with learning, cognitive, physical, or similar disabilities.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and/or on the telephone as well as making presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Vision to view computer monitor and read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects up to 20 lbs.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application packet. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our Applicant Information to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: $19.10 (per hour); Salary Grade: C2-35
Position: Part-Time, Permanent, ADO (Academic Day Only)
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency