Position Title Utility, Heating and Maintenance Specialist
Position Type Support Staff
Status of Position Staff - Full Time
Union Support Staff
FLSA Non Exempt
Under the direct supervision of building maintenance, constructs facilities as required, maintains and repairs all College heating and cooling systems. Programs and operates building automation system. Works with other Physical Plant and Facility staff to maintain all College operating systems as directed.
Reporting and Supervisory Relationships
Direct reporting relationship to the Manager, Facilities and Operations.
1. Receives work assignments, work orders and instructions from immediate supervisor.
2. Interprets mechanical or electrical blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
3. Corrects defective mechanical devises and other equipment by disassembling, installing new parts, welding or refitting; determines working procedures, tools and materials requirements.
4. Repairs and maintains temperature control systems.
5. Repairs and maintains all College HVAC systems.
6. Repairs and maintains electronic equipment and systems as related to HVAC.
7. Programs the environmental controls system (HVAC), troubleshoots and repairs
8. Knowledge and know how to pump down, pump out and reclaim refrigerant.
9. Knowledge and know how to interpret refrigerant pressure gauges and correct change both air-conditioning equipment and low temperature equipment.
10. Knowledge and understanding of the different types of refrigerants and their boiling points.
11. Ability and know how to weld braze and solider.
12. Know the difference between piping used for water gas, refrigerants and air.
13. Working knowledge of E.M. Systems, Pneumatic Control Systems and D.D.C. Systems.
14.Responsible for housekeeping in work area and work site(s).
15. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the department.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for extended periods of time, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally; lifting in excess of 50 pounds when necessary. Needs to climb ladders and work on scaffolds and mechanical lifts.
Employee utilizes various types of mechanical tools and equipment including but not limited to: computer terminals, electrical circuitry testing equipment, wire cutters, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, gas and electric welding equipment, ladders, shovels, dollies, forklifts, and high lifts, pressure gauges, evacuation pump and reclaim equipment.
1. High school diploma or equivalent plus some technical coursework or related on-the-job training and one and a half years of job-related experience.
2. One and a half years of job-related experience with demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints (building and electrical wirings) and thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, refrigeration and heating systems.
3. Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions with demonstrated ability to use equipment and tools of the trade in completing tasks and in compliance with safety standards and precautions.
4. Demonstrated ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds; climb ladders; willing and able to go up in an open lift to a minimum of 30 feet with ability to perform projects with a minimum of supervision.
5. Ability to work in all kinds of weather maintaining a courteous and dependable demeanor.
1. Experience working within higher education facility.
2. Associate's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering/HVAC or equivalent with related experience.
Posting Date 03/05/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.
Quicklink for Posting
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency